I ‘m getting excited about the FitSocial Conference – a social media and fitness/nutrition event held here in Boulder and Denver. If you don’t live here it’s an excellent opportunity to get a little taste of Colorado, meet people in your field, and optimize your blog. (The aspens aren’t quite turning yet but it’s crisp and sunny – except when it’s storming, oy!)
What exactly is the FitSocial Conference?
Besides a chance to stay in hotels right in my own backyard:
I attended this conference in both 2011 and 2012 and enjoyed it immensely each time. Last year we were seriously educated about the issue of obesity in this country by doctors and researchers at the University of Colorado Medical Campus in Aurora, CO. They mingled with us at dinner and took a lot of time answering all our questions, satisfying my need for the hard science piece of this conference.
Of course, since the FitSocial Conference is also a social media conference, I’ll get to meet lots of people I know in the online fitness/nutrition community but have never met in person.
The first day will be held at the Millennium Hotel in Boulder, and then we’ll all move over to the Anschutz Health & Wellness Center on the University of Colorado medical school campus in Aurora, Colorado, a suburb of Denver. This is where the conference was held last year and it’s an impressive, brand-spankin’ new facility.
Here’s a few of the sessions I’m most excited about (besides the free dinner banquets):
- Building Your Brand and Monetizing Your Fitness Expertise, led by Fun and Fit‘s Kymberly Williams-Evans & Alexandra Williams (I’ve met Kymberly and Alexandra at other conferences and love their irresistible personalities)
- Succeeding with YouTube (Still an area I’m trying to find time for – it will happen)
- SEO for Websites and Blogs, with Tim Resnik
- Physical Fitness Lab Demonstration, with Dr. Iñigo San Millán
- Communication of Evidence-Based Health and Wellness Information, presented by Dr. Carol Torgan of the American College of Sports Medicine
Also included are yoga, HIIT, Tabata, cycling, Zumba, and barre conditioning classes. Last year I participated in Technogym’s workout using its 3D pulley system. I love trying new technology!
We’ll see if I can not wear the same clothes as last year (always a noble goal). Stay tuned, as I’ll be sharing what I learn right here.