Your back is a powerful, beautiful part of your body. A strong, muscular back protects you from injury and can give your upper body an athletic, sexy V-shape. I realized recently that I look at a person’s back (right after their arms) to gauge how fit they are!
I used to hate working my back. But with consistency and heavy resistance, my back muscles responded with nice definition and increased strength. Yours can too using these routines, which work your upper, middle, and lower back.
Remember to lift enough weight to make the last few repetitions challenging. Mix it up by changing the order of the exercises, adding more weight, and varying the reps. Changing the grip (narrow/wide, standard/reverse) is another way to keep shocking your muscles into growth.
If you’re a beginner, use lighter weight to start. Always use impeccable form! Enjoy!
Back Routine 1
- Pull-up/chin-up. Unassisted, band-assisted, or machine-assisted
- Reverse Fly. Cable machine or a FreeMotion machine
- Machine Row or Seated Cable Row. Machines
- Hyperextension. With or without a hyperextension bench
Back Routine 2
- Wide-grip Lat Pull down. Cable machine
- One-Arm Dumbbell Row or barbell bentover row. Bench and a dumbbell or barbell only
- Inverted Row. Smith machine
- Good Morning. You can also do them seated. If you are a beginner you may want to do the Superman instead.