Whether you’re a seasoned lifter or just learning how to lift weights and eat clean, you’ve landed in the right place. This website is about harnessing the power of clean eating and strength training and owning it in the weight room and beyond.
But what exactly does that mean? And is it something you could use?
To help answer that, here’s a little about where I’m coming from. (Hint: We’re more alike than you know.)
From lethargy and pain to energy and strength
I’ve been up to nine unassisted pull ups and feel stronger now than I did in my twenties. But this is not how most of my life has looked.
I never saw myself as athletic growing up and wasn’t a clean eater until the last 10 or so years. I ate whatever I wanted, despite genetically high cholesterol and debilitating digestive issues. I just couldn’t understand why I was always lethargic and didn’t have a clue about how my diet and lack of exercise could be impacting my health. Unawareness much?
After learning about clean eating in a magazine, I began gradually replacing processed, fatty foods with foods closer to their natural state. The improvement to my digestion and energy levels were next to miraculous. I also began strength training and fell in love with how empowered I felt from lifting, both in and out of the weight room (here’s the story of how I started).
I’ve rebounded from having a baby, injuries, and major surgery. In short, I know what it’s like to start from square one and I know what it’s like to rebuild muscle and strength. I will always keep pushing and helping other women do the same, because the self-empowerment, strength, and confidence I have gained from lifting and clean eating just can’t be measured.
What I believe and know to work
- Strength training results in better energy, sleep, flexibility, and lower body fat. It can also give you a sense of power and peacefulness that translates into your daily life. When you own it in the weight room, you own it outside the weight room, too.
- You’ve got more than you know. Most women haven’t even begun to tap their true potential with strength training.
- Clean eating is simply eating wholesome, nutrient-dense foods most of the time. It’s not something I ever apologize for, either.
- You lose weight with an eating lifestyle, not a diet. Maintaining weight loss is sustainable forever with clean eating the way I teach it.
- Small, daily changes are the way to big results. Big goals are overwhelming and hardly ever work. Setting small goes make you feel successful!
- Mindset is the key to making this lifestyle something you enjoy and prefer.
I believe everyone has a “workout nirvana.” The secret is in finding what makes you hum. For me, it’s weightlifting, but I also love hiking and the outdoors. Physical challenges in the environment you love create your workout nirvana.
My BA in journalism and my writing career allow me to educate people from all walks of life. Over the years, I’ve written nearly 300 articles both here and elsewhere to teach and mentor others to lift and eat for their ultimate health and bodies. I’m also a columnist at fitnesstrainermagazine.com, where I write for personal trainers.
Getting the most out of WorkoutNirvana
- Browse through my strength training and clean eating articles and videos.
- Add your name to my mailing list. In addition to never missing a post, subscribers get advance notices of new courses and services.
- Connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.